- Stop Press: On behalf of the Trust Huw’s friends were presented with a presigious award tonight
- The opening of Chalkdown House; the most important things can in some way last forever ♥
- Mixed emotions as Cardiff City are promoted – with Huw in our hearts as always ♥♥♥
- There are some lovely tributes to Huw and some good Trust news this month
- Three years ago at Huw was enjoying Easter time; we will always respect & remember him ♥♥♥
- The Picturedrome Gig is back for one last time on Sat 13th July 2013 – ticket details
- We shared him in different ways. We miss him in different ways. We won’t forget him in any way.
- Well done Ben – the latest in a long list of young people doing things to remember our Huw ♥♥♥
- An Annual Report about all the Trust activity and expenditure in 2012 now available
- On Huw’s 17th birthday; the best and most beautiful things are felt in the heart
- Huw’s Trust has now raised £67,000; this is how the money we have all raised is being used
We are delighted to confirm the dates below for events in summer 2013. Thanks to everyone’s spirit and generosity we had memorable events in 2011 and 2012 – and everyone is keen to do it again this year! The things listed below are group events but there’s lots of people doing individual things too. The things that are planned will raise money through tickets or reasonable entrance fees (and sometimes sponsorship.) Thank you everyone ♥♥♥
- Dodgeball night at Holmfirth High School – Saturday 2nd March 7.00pm
- Non uniform day at Holmfirth High School - Monday March 18th 2013
- The Huw Thatcher cycle challenge, organised by Upperthong Cricket Club – on Sunday July 7th 2013
- Gig at the Picturedrome featuring Age of Paranoia plus Hiding from Olive - Saturday July 13th 2013
- Five a side football competition for all age groups at Holmfirth High School – on Saturday 20th July 2013
- Coffee morning and cakes hosted by Jane Travis – a Saturday in summer 2013 date to be confirmed
We’d be delighted if you want to set up a fund raising activity – just Contact Us. And you also can let us know if you want us to publicise anything, or if you want to use an official collecting box, Huw’s logo or publicity flyers. The wording for describing or promoting fundraising is “The Huw Thatcher Trust, fundraising on behalf of the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust, part of the Disabilities Trust (registered charity number 800797)”.
And there’s a Huw Thatcher Trust Facebook page – ask to be a member of the Facebook Group here if you want to.
You can see all the Previous Activities here that have taken place to remember Huw and raise money for his trust.
Some of the more recent activities involving a lot of people are:
- Ben Sykes organised a great Dodgeball night in March 2013
- With thanks to Tony Sykes the karate challenge event on 16th Dec 2012 was a great success
- The second Huw Thatcher Cricket Cycle Challenge was a great success on Sat 28 July 2012 ♥♥♥
- Bananas play out of their skins to reach the final at the 5 a side tournament on Sat 7 July 2012
- Everyone a star at the Picturedrome gig on 30 June 2012 but one star shined especially bright ♥♥♥
- A perfect morning at the Hepworth Dryad 5 mile multi terrain event on 24th June 2012
Huw lives in all our Memories - lots of them are in the memories menu at the top. We’d love to hear your memories so we can put them here; please Contact Us. The most recent is some lovely photos Huw enjoying himself in the summer holidays ♥ ♥ ♥
Other recent ones are:
- Where are you Huw, you beautiful boy? ♥ ♥ ♥
- A year later the memories are as clear as they have ever been; the love is just as strong ♥ ♥ ♥
- A Bluebird flying in the sky, a Bluebird in our hearts: Wembley 26th Feb 2012
- some lovely memories from some of Huw’s friends
- From Abbie Dare: you looked after me and never failed to make me laugh
- The Bowers family: you had it all Huw; kind, caring, looks and a little bit of mischief we all loved you for
- Sam Briggs – for the 9 years I knew him he was my big brother
- Ellie Sinkinson: I’ll always miss you and love you forever
- We found out Huw did really well in his GCSE exams in March 2011; we’re incredibly proud
- Sean Brennan: I’ll look after your sister like you promised you would for me
- Kate Piat – My Huw, My special Huw
We hope that you find this web site a peaceful and inspiring place to visit.
- Use the black and white menu right at the top of the page to find out more about Huw and the Huw Thatcher Trust, or to get involved - just Contact Us and we’ll be delighted to hear from you
- Use the blue and white menu to view the gallery, trust & family messages, , donations, memorials, personal memories, previous activities and new activities – when you get to the bottom of each of these sections remember to click on “older entries”
- There is a Huw Thatcher Trust Facebook page – ask to be a member of the Facebook Group here if you want to.
hi here is some text to go with the photo.