Today is Huw’s 23rd birthday and The Huw Thatcher Trust in his memory has been active for 7 ½ years. There has never been a target or goal for the Trust. There were no expectations; it was something that evolved. The fact that the activities to raise funds in Huw’s memory continued for so long, has been a pleasant surprise.
However, now seems a natural time to close the Trust. What we have all done together has been amazing, and it has been a source of great comfort to know that people thought so much of Huw, to inspire them to do what they did. We should regard this announcement as a positive one; a chance to look back at what we achieved together.
- Announcement about the Trust on Huw’s 23rd birthday 25th November 2018 ♥♥♥
- Where’s the bear? Nick Greenwood cycles in memory of Huw and raises over £800 xxx
- Forgotten by no one & loved by everybody : including Will, Sean & Granny xxx
- On your 21st birthday Huw : we will keep you safe ♥♥♥
- Carys completes the Manchester Half marathon for her beautiful big brother xxx
- Euan Casey completes the Manchester marathon & raises £700 in memory of Huw
- Huw: always the big brother as Carys starts a new stage of her life in Manchester
- Taking Huw with us as 22 people give it everything on the UK 3 Peaks Challenge
- The story of 19forHuw – an adventure in tribute to a perfect young guy xxx
This is the home page of 19forHuw
19forHuw was an exciting cycling event that took place in July 2014. It involved cycling 1000 miles in 9 days, visiting the 19 football grounds that Huw and Nick went to (often with Carys as well) to watch Cardiff City play football.
Please follow 19forHuw on Twitter here.
We are delighted to share annual reports of all the Trust’s activities and expenditure for each of the seven years of the Trust to date.
- You can download a PDF copy of the 2016 and 2017 report at this link – Annual Report 2016 and 2017.
- The 2015 report is at this link – Annual Report 2015.
- And here is the 2014 – Annual Report 2014.
- And the 2013 report is here – Annual Report 2013.
- The 2012 report is also available – Annual Report 2012.
- And here is the 2011 report – Annual Report 2011.
The Trust is a wonderful tribute to our beautiful boy ♥♥♥. Thank you for supporting the Huw Thatcher Trust.
You can join the Huw Thatcher Trust Facebook Group here.
We hope that you find this web site a peaceful and inspiring place to visit.
- Use the black and white menu right at the top of the page to find out more about Huw and the Huw Thatcher Trust, or to get involved – just Contact Us and we’ll be delighted to hear from you
- Use the blue and white menu to view the gallery, trust & family messages, memorials, personal memories, previous activities and new activities – when you get to the bottom of each of these sections remember to click on “older entries”
- There is a Huw Thatcher Trust Facebook page – ask to be a member of the Facebook Group here if you want to.
hi here is some text to go with the photo.